Friday, December 5, 2008

Baby Budgie: Day 41

This is how our normal day routine goes that I plan to continue (minus the hand feeding when he doesn't need it anymore).

The alarm goes off at 9am and Zazu is taken out of his night time hamster cage. He gets some out time to fly or interact. At this time I make fresh mash. After he gets tired he goes to his bigger day time cage. Before I go to work, I replace his mash with fresh sprouted grain/seed mix or another food item that won't spoil in 6-8 hours. He might get another time out of his cage before I head to work if there is time.

When I get home (and after I let the dogs go potty outside) Zazu gets to come out again. He also gets a small bowl of seed at my desk at this time. When he is tired, he is put to bed in his hamster cage. The cage is covered and put into the bedroom.

That is a day in the life of Zazu. Of course, sometimes Zazu doesn't agree with the routine so he makes attempts to escape his cage. Below are some funny pictures of his attempts.
Today he did get his wings clipped. =( It was a sad day but it had to eventually be done. I thought he might hate me while I did it, but he doesn't seem to remember much now. I only took 2 feathers off each side. He should be able to fly well again soon, then time for another clip...

No comments: