Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Baby Budgie: Day 39

Today Zazu's meals were at 9am and 6pm. Looks like that is what it will be until he goes down to 1 meal a day. As it is, his breakfast is a eat-and-fly. He grabs a few mouth fulls then flies around for a while. He eats more of his dinner.

He is flying very very well. I just wish he would stop landing on top of my head. If I time it just right, I can put my head up infront of my head and he will land on that.

This morning he was such a cuddle bug. After his light breakfast and flight, he sat with me and made little mutters as I gave him scratches on his head and touched his beak.

I am so proud of how tame he is. He doesn't startle easily with new objects or sounds. He lets me grab him, but best of all, he steps up on his own very willingly.

He learned today water comes from a faucet and after some thought he tasted the water and ran under it. I suppose he doesn't still know what a bath is.

Here are some pictures of him enjoying his last snack of the night before being put to bed in his hamster cage.

No comments: