Friday, November 21, 2008

Mash Diet Part I: Legumes

Ingredients
- 3/8 cup legume mix (adzuki, mung, pea, and garbanzo)
- 1/8 cup lentil
Note: I found those above mixes made for sprouting that are just perfect. It was getting irritating buying them separately.

Instructions
1. Sprout legume mix and lentils. I normally start the lentils a day or two after the legume mix because you only need a 1/4" tail for the lentils and a 1/2" tail for the legume mix. (There are many sites that talk about how to sprout legumes, so I left out all those details. I do add a dash of Apple Cider Vinegar to the soaking water though.)
2. Lightly blanch/steam all ingredients for 3-5 minutes. **Sorry I forgot to take a picture while blanching/steaming the legumes. The picture should give you an idea though.**
3. Chop it up in the food processor.
4. Freeze and store.
5. Thaw portions as needed.

The amounts above made enough legume mix that was 1/2" thick by 13.5" long by 3.5" wide. So if you need more, make more. I think next time I will buy a bigger sprouting jar just for the legumes. They are such a pain I rather do a very large batch then do this often.

Mash Diet: Introduction
Part I: Legumes
Part II: Grains/Seeds
Part III: Vegetables **coming soon**
Part IV: Summary **coming soon**

No comments: